New and improved! Albatross Home Media Streaming Server 0.5.1 is released! New features include:
- support for mfs_ftp (this method is more reliable if you need to kill the stream)
- improved stream killing (it actually works in most cases now)
- user interface tweaks and improvements
- detailed program information in HMO mode
- more awesomeness!
The TyStreamer page has moved from its old home on wiskars.com to the main Still Designing web site! This by itself is not necessarily “blog-worthy” as the content hasn’t changed much… yet. But some of you may have noticed that the VideoLAN team has just release VLC version 0.9.0-test1. TyStreamer now requires version 0.9.0 for its ability to stream flash video, allowing you to use 98% of all web browser installations to watch video on your TiVo or home computer anywhere on the internet. There hasn’t been a new release of TyStreamer in a while largely because VLC 0.9.0 has been a bit of a moving target. Now that we’re starting to see some slightly more stable releases from VLC, TyStreamer can likewise start showing its stuff. Some of the cool new features you can look forward to over previous versions:
- Streams Flash video
- View video files on your home computer as well as TiVo programs
- Support for multiple video sources from the same TyStreamer installation
- Cool new Web 2.0 user interface using jQuery!
- Streams to the Nintendo Wii’s Internet Channel!
And much, much more! For the more intrepid souls, you can try using the latest from svn, or you can wait for an official release “Real Soon Now”(TM).