For TiVo Support
- Make sure that you have vserver (version 1.2 preferred) installed on your TiVo
- Install the latest development version of VLC on your server
- Patch and compile vstream-client, or download the appropriate binary for your platform (coming soon). The patch pipes all output to stdout instead of to a file.
For All Setups
- Untar Albatross in your web servers httpdocs (or public_html) folder, or in a subfolder
- Open albatross.ini.php in your favorite text editor and update the following:
- change the paths to match your installation for the support files (i.e., “/usr/bin/vlc” or “/sw/bin/vlc”)
- under [sources], set the address for all of your TiVos and any folders that you wish to allow streaming for. For each TiVo, use syntax tivo://tivoip/, e.g.:
$tySourceList = array( "Movies" => "videos/", "Windows Folder" => "c:\\videos", "TiVo Hacked" => "tivo://tivo/", "TiVo HMO" => "hmo://tivo:1234567890@tivo2/" );
- Edit the Support Programs section with the appropriate paths for your files. In many cases, you may only need to uncomment the correct version for your platform.
"vlc" => "/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC", "vstream-client" => "/sw/bin/vstream-client", "tivodecode" => "/sw/bin/tivodecode", "curl" => "/usr/bin/curl", "kill" => "/usr/bin/killall -9 VLC"
- Point your browser to index.php, and off you go!